The Nail Those Profits (NTP) cruise is turning out to be even more fun than I expected! There's lots of nails chatting going on as well as networking fun. The classes are in the morning starting at 8:30 a.m., but before you have a good whine about that, let me elaborate. After class you have the day to do as you please so you can hit lunch in the location of your choice on board and then venture off for an activity or retire to your room for a nap! Yes, I really said nap. Can you imagine the decadence?
The first full day at sea classes have begun with Jess Hoel, who educates for Akzentz (pronounced accents). Jess gave her tips and tricks for doing Rockstar Toes using the Akzentz line and each attendee was gifted with a great goody bag from the company. This was a hands-on class in which we all got to experiment with some of the techniques Jess shared and this means we have bright, blinged-out toes for the remainder of the cruise!
Jess had some very helpful hints regarding the Akzentz products that may be useful for those of you using that range:
- If there is an arch on the top of the printed information on an Akzentz container, it means the product in that container is soak-off. Luxio gel-polish is also a soak-off.
- If there is not an arch on your container, the product is classic gel.
- Champagne-colored jars are product that can be cured in an LED or UV lamp.
- Grey-colored jars are product meant to be cured in a UV lamp only.
For more details and specific step-by-step information on Akzentz, be sure to look them up online and find out about other classes they may offer. Here are a few highlights of what we learned in Jess' class on the ship:
- Rockstar Toes with gel using an e-file for removal and prep should take about 45 minutes for a repeat guest and only 30 minutes on a first time guest.
- After feet are sanitized, prep work can be done.
- When using an e-file to buff the toes to remove shine, make sure to use a low setting. The bit Jess loves is from Atwood and is a #471.
- Remove dust from the toes and perfect the perimeter with nippers.
- Clean the toes with Prep & Wipe
- Brush on a thin layer of Opti Bond or Luxio base coat and cure.
- Apply Luxio color and cure.
- Apply an Options Aurora, and then place Mylar pieces in the wet Options gel. (Jess prefers to use Mylar from Sparkles.)
- Gently press the Mylar smooth and cure.
- Apply Options clear by floating over the nail. It is a self-leveling gel, which means there will be no finish filing. Then cure.
- Clean the nails with Prep & Wipe, shape the edges, apply cuticle oil, remove excess oil with your terry towel, and your client is ready to go!
For those that would like to know, the colors Jess used on my toes are Luxio in Peacock, Aurora Sparkles Blue, and Sparkles Mylar #74 and #103.
| posted on Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:54 AM